What kind of bolts are these, and can I still get them somewhere?

Clutch Head Bolts Never mind clicking on me... Pay Attention!!!     These are called "Clutch Head Bolts". They were used on the later "letter series" tractors to fasten the grills and sheet metal parts to the tractor, (See parts number 11 and 15 in the illustration below). You can get brand new clutch head bolts and other antique fasteners from Davenport Tractor. They come in various lengths. Just click on the bolts to see where you can buy them, AND the round head phillips bolts that were used on the earlier tractors.
Clutch Head Bolts
    Why did they use bolts like this!!?
Driver     For the same reason we use "Phillips Head Screws" in mass production today. It is much easier and faster to install them with a power driver than it would be if they used regular bolts. Guess what?? You can get a driver from Davenport Tractor!!
This driver is a "socket" that fits your regular 3/8" drive ratchets. Click on the driver to find out how to get one. It will make life MUCH easier!!

If you'd like to see the other Davenport Tractor products
I have reviewed, please click HERE, or...

Go DIRECTLY to Davenport Tractor
Davenport Tractor: Parts for antique John Deere tractors

Or... Go back to the page you just came from......

"Those Oldies But Goodies"
Little Caesar and the Romans, 1961